(Climbers should already be in their harness, have bug spray on, sunblock on, used the bathroom and have water with them to take on the course. Pockets should be empty and car keys hung up in shop)
- Welcome climbers to the park, introduce yourself, tell them how to access course and bathrooms and water bottle station
- Guides are not there to tell participants how to go, or take them thru the course. We are like lifeguards. If they need hints we give them. Guessing how get thru an obstacle is all the fun!!
- Show and talk about the safe roller system (locked carabiner, roll over brackets) DO NOT PLAY WITH CARABINER (It is meant to be difficult to open, you can break it open if you try hard enough we would appreciate it and for your own safety if you just left it up the guides. Please be patient!)
- DO NOT grab the belay cable at anytime.
- DO NOT slam the saferoller or yank at it, gently lift it when you get hung up. The saferoller only likes riding on the cable. Move it onto cable before you step off platform onto obstacle
-Be mindful of how you hold onto the yellow leash, holding on and not letting go of it could cause serious rope burn.
-Go over Bifurcation- what it is meant for, how/why it is used, where they are located on the course
- Where to stand when on the tower DO NOT OPEN GATES (you could die, it is not safe)
- 1 PERSON per obstacle, 2 PEOPLE per platform
- Ages 6-9 must be with a participant that is 12 years or older. May go on the upper courses, if guide feels they can manage it (Need approval from lower level guides).
- Ages 10 and older have to be 5' or taller to climb alone, allowed to do all of the courses (yellow wrist band under 5', pink band 5'+)
- WHISTLE- 3 blows of the whistle means everyone must get to the nearest platform and freeze. Wait for instructions from guides. It maybe due to weather or a rescue on the course. Be patient it may take a few minutes.
- Explain the spiral formation of the course like a hurricane: different levels tropical storm, Category 1, Category 2, Category 3 Category 4, Category 5
- Proper use of Zip line, sit down slowly in harness, or on deck, push off, lift legs, mindful of platform when you reach rope is there if you need to pull yourself to tower. No jumping or spinning off platforms! (you will be kicked off course!)
- REMEMBER: This is fun, can be challenging, it is an adventure- (bumps, bruises, scrapes are possible) only challenge your self as much as you want. You don’t have to do the entire course. Take a break and enjoy the view from the top deck in a hammock
Posted on Mon, March 23, 2015